2011 was a good year for me and I hope it was a good one for you all. Hopefully you have been able to make a list of all the good and bad things that have occurred in the past year. I have already made a mental list of the bad and I am determined to not repeat the same mistakes again. The New Year should be treated as a reset button. It’s New Year and it’s time for a new you. For me I have already been eyeing some items that I will need to assist me in some of the changes I want to make.
- I want to have a more polished looked when I am out. To accomplish this look I was able to Purchase a ¾ length wool trench coat from express. I also decided to add additional button down collard shirts to my work attire. A professional guy can never have too many dress shirts.
- A new hair cut will always make you feel like a new man. For the past 6 years I have had longer hair and this year I decided to get it all buzzed off. My appearance immediately changed the moment my hair stylist was done. I am already a pretty confident guy, but this hair cut took it to a new level.
- I want to upgrade my phone and possibly switch to a new phone carrier. I have had my IPhone 3GS for about 2 years and 3 months. I am definitely upgrading to the 4S. It’s important to keep your technology upgraded to keep you more productive.
- Taking some of my own advice, its time for me to purchase a new laptop. My home computer is 7 years old, it’s prehistoric in computer years. I will most likely be purchasing some type of tablet computer. They are a good investment in my opinion because they allow you to stay mobile, but carry something that is as thin as a notebook and very light.
- Romance is something I am a fan of. 2011 for me was a year of dating, and hopefully 2012 will be the year one of those dates lasts for longer then 6 months. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. What is success if you can’t share it with a partner?
- For the new year I recommend all you fashionisto’s purchase a few new pairs of shoes! I think with each year everything should be refreshed, even the shoes in your shoe collection. If there is currently no money in your budget for new shoes Do some research, and find a good shoe repair shop and take your favorite shoes in for a consultation.
- One thing I intend to do more of in 2012 is shopping for items in consignment and thrift shops. I visited a shop in Old City Philadelphia that had great stuff, they had a YSL men’s blazer for $75.
- Last but not least, take more risks with your personal style. Find something that is 100% you and will help you stand out from the rest. Please keep checking back with us for styling tips and advice. Happy New Year